Pfizer is one of Ireland’s leading employers and the largest pharmaceutical sector investor and employer. One of the first pharmaceutical companies to locate in Ireland (1969), Pfizer has a rich heritage of innovation and expansion over a forty year period. Pfizer has over 4,000 colleagues across 8 locations based in Cork, Dublin, Kildare and Limerick. Pfizer’s business interests in Ireland are diverse. There is a manufacturing presence in Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, Solid Dose Pharmaceuticals, Sterile Injectables, Nutritionals, Vaccines and Biopharmaceuticals; commercial Human Prescription, Animal Health and Consumer Health products businesses; Global Financial Services centre and a Global Treasury operation. The Irish operations manufacture some of Pfizer’s best-selling and newest medicines including Viagra (urology), Sutent (oncology), Enbrel (rheumatology) and Prevenar (vaccines). Ireland is a leading manufacturing base for Pfizer globally, exporting to global markets. Total capital investment by the company in Ireland exceeds $7billion.
Pfizer’s mission is to apply science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life.
Our seven commitments show the world what we can contribute. We will:
• Advance wellness, prevention, treatments and cures
• Bring the best scientific minds together to challenge the most feared diseases of our time
• Set the standard for quality, safety and value of medicines
• Use our global presence and scale to make a difference in local communities and the world around us
• Promote curiosity, inclusion and a passion for our work
• Be a leading voice for improving everyone’s ability to have reliable and affordable health care
• Maximize our financial performance so we can meet our commitments to all who rely on us. We will become the world’s most valued company to patients, customers, colleagues, investors, business partners, and the communities where we work and live.
Important values guide us in advancing these commitments. need to work more closely with partners inside and outside Pfizer, and the concept of collaboration expresses this orientation more precisely. These are Pfizer’s enduring values: Collaboration, Community, Customer Focus, Innovation, Integrity, Leadership, Performance, Respect for People and Quality. They describe the type of company we want to be, and we should demonstrate them in everything we do.
Dr. Maura Kinahan